Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 1996 01:40:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Kenneth J. Dupuis" <kdupuis@dcs.stu.rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2-961014 and 3c590

Update on the ethernet card from hell...

I'm able to simulate the problem whenever I want by either 1) FTPing from
the machine 2) HTTPing from the machine 3) ping flooding with 1000 byte
packets to or from the machine.  When the network ceases to work, a simple
ping to the next-door neighbor results in a "No buffer space available".
I can now "ifconfig vx0 down" and then "ifconfig vx0 up" the interface and
all is well until I do it again.  ifconfig reports a "OACTIVE" flag when
the interface is "flooded", or whatever the case may be.

Does someone know what is going on here?  What does that flag mean?