Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 13:06:20 -0400
From:      "S.W. Drinkard" <sam@wa4phy.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hardware Question (off topic?)

Not sure if this is off topic, but I need either a pointer or some
help.  The AlphaServer 2100 I have has a #9GXE ISA card in it.  There
is, of course, a PCI bus.  I tried to get a PCI video card to work, but
no-go.  I did NOT however disable the #9 card via the ECU.  Question..
Will it work if I run ecu and tell it there is no video card in the
system.  Reason:  The #9 card, altho claimed to be supported in XFree,
is not recognized when I try to configure X, with error message of "no
screens".  X is supported with T64 V. 5.0-A, albeit only in 640X480
mode.  Last question.. has anyone done a build of X as server only on
4.1-R ?

Many thanks,

Sam