Date:      25 Mar 2001 22:15:19 -0800
From:      neal@nelsonnet.org
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ThinkPad 600 Sound

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I can't get any joy with anything I can find in any archives:

I have a ThinkPad 600 with FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE installed on it and I can't get the sound to work. I can get the sound chip recognised properly but it still doesn't produce any sound. I'm sure the hardware is OK as it made all sorts of sounds at me until I overwrote Windows on it.

I've tried may combinations of kernel config from hard wiring the pcm device to 0x52c to patching a config file somewhere so that I can hard wire the csa driver. Unfortunately none of these work.

Has anyone actually got sound to work with 4.2 on one of these beasts? I'm running out of ideas here.