Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 15:36:23 -0600
From:      Kenneth Ingham <ingham@i-pi.com>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: date on schg files changing, how?

Niall Smart, rotel@indigo.ie commented:
> I think I have seen this before, it is rumored to be a bug in the FS code
> which causes random date changes on files.  Can anyone confirm or deny
> this?

The change is only occurring on sendmail (and the files linked to
it, of course).

Another person mentioned that he had seen it when sendmail was
called from cron.  We are calling sendmail crom cron on this machine
(instead of running it as a daemon).  However, why this should make
the date change baffles me.

I don't even see how it could do it, because the schg is working
as I would expect:

# touch sendmail
touch: sendmail: Operation not permitted

Kenneth