Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:46:22 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ale@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with mirrors.xml and advisories.xml

----Security_Multipart(Mon_Jan_12_15_46_22_2004_300)--

Alex Dupre <ale@freebsd.org> wrote
  in <3FFFC217.3080001@FreeBSD.org>:

ale> Hiroki Sato wrote:
ale>
ale> >   - If $WEB_ONLY is defined, mirrors.xml and transtable.xml is not used.
ale> >     A list of the mirror sites generated in index.html becomes a dummy one,
ale> >     and calling transtable-lookup with a word returns the word itself.
ale> >     Now www/ tree can be built without doc/ tree (some information becomes
ale> >     unavailable though).
ale>
ale> I think this should be slightly changed. It's ok that www could be built
ale> without doc, but it shouldn't determined by the WEB_ONLY variable. On
ale> freefall the web sites are built more often than the whole
ale> documentation, right? If so, the localized sites will miss some
ale> information most of the time. Even if freefall everytime rebuilds
ale> everything, I think it would be useful to create complete web sites
ale> without rebuilding all docs.

 You are right.  www/ is rebuilt with WEB_ONLY on www.freebsd.org
 twice a day, and WEB_ONLY should not generate useless HTML files.
 I also noticed that after I submitted the patch.

 I think I will define WITHOUT_DOC instead of WEB_ONLY for building
 www/ without doc/.