Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 1998 23:22:23 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Scot Elliott <scot@online.barbour-index.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Process sizes

Hi.  I know this probably belongs to a more general group but Im not sure
where....

I just installed PHP v3 on our web server.  Now the apache binary is over
twice what it was before - fair enough because it's got a lot of extra
code, right.  The question I have, is weather the OS is clever enough to
only have one copy of all this code in memory, of whether each apache
process that is running has its own copy - in which case I'll have to
consider upgrading the RAM in the machine.  I realise that shared
libraries only have one coy in memory but I just can't find anything that
tells me how FreeBSD copes with shared code segments.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Scot.

Scot Elliott (scot@poptart.org)			|    Work: +44 (0)1344 899401
PGP fingerprint: FCAE9ED3A234FEB59F8C7F9DDD112D |    Home: +44 (0)181 8961019