Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:03:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      jmraz <mrazj@ecs.csus.edu>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   pcmcia question

I've got a presario 1200xl125 laptop with one card slot. Before I go
and buy an ethernet/modem combo card from Fry's, which of these can I
get a recommendation on in so far as compatibility with FBSD (I'm
waiting to get the card before mounting the OS):

Ambicom CB100-EZ.. 32b, 10/100;

Linksys PCMPC100.. 16b, 10/100;

Netgear FA411.. 16b, 10/100;

Netgear FA511.. 32b, 10/100;

SMC 8036TX.. 16/32b, 10/100;

SOHO NCB-100.. 32b, 10/100;

Xircom XEM5600.. 16b, 10/100/56K;

As far as the cards go, the price doesn't matter. Compatibility and
"does it work as it's supposed to in FBSD ?" is all im concerned with.

Thanks !

jmraz;