Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 1996 14:59:30 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NO_CDROM and Motif changes to bsd.port.mk

 * Can this be overridden, e.g. from /etc/make.conf?  I usually install
 * my Motif to /usr/Motif completely.  (This turned out to be one of the
 * extremely weak points of the Lasershi^H^H^Hmoon package, but it
 * finally prevented me from having them clobbered my Imake templates. :)

Yes, it can, as it is assigned with a "?=" (as are most variables in
bsd.port.mk).

The libraries are easy to handle in any case, 'cause {Im,M}akefiles
usually have explicet references to libXm.  Include files are another
matter though, as many of them simply assume they are in the standard
location (i.e. /usr/X11R6/include), and it's not always obvious how to
fix them (especially for Imakefiles).

Does your Lasermoon also make a symbolic link from
<some_standard_place>/X11/Xm -> /usr/Motif/include/X11/Xm (?), where
<some_standard_place> is either "/usr/include" or "/usr/X11R6/include"?
Any other people with similar packages?

Satoshi