Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:13:37 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Allen Smith <easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Copyleft/BSD Copyright FTP Proxy Software

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Allen Smith wrote:

> I'm sorry, I didn't specify sufficiently. We're needing to support FTP
> PUTs, so squid won't work (even if it wasn't for browsers, not command
> line FTP programs). We're about to be using FreeBSD for a firewall for
> IRIX machines, and the Socks version 4, as well as not being supported
> currently (or at least not well supported), doesn't work right on
> IRIX. I've asked on the Socks mailing list about this problem, and the
> only reply I got was to go to the (restrictively copyrighted) version
> of Socks 5. Incidentally, if there's one out there that'll do well,
> I'm willing to try making the proxy server portion of it into a port.
>
> 	Thanks,
>
> 	-Allen
>
> --
> Allen Smith				easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu

Hmmph.. Teach me to not read ahead for relevant replies or "errata"
before I post. :-)

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
/* FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and compatibles (SPARC and Alpha under development)
   (http://www.freebsd.org)                                         */