Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 2002 00:36:54 +0800
From:      Ying-Chieh Liao <ijliao@FreeBSD.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   -current NIS client with -stable server

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

I have a NIS server running on a -stable machine, and a client running -stable
too, everything is all ok
Now I'd like to add a new -current machine
after I set domainname, rpcbind, and run ypbind
I can use "ypcat" and "ypmatch" to check if I can connect to the server
but if I tried to login to the -current machine, server report error messages
as follows :

Oct 31 14:41:23 ns1 ypserv[84721]: access to master.passwd.byname denied -- client XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:YYYYY not privileged

are NIS on -stable and -current not compatible ?
or is there anything I have to set ?
--
Testing can show the presence of bugs, but not their absence.
					--- Edsger W. Dijkstra

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+--