Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:14:49 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0-STABLE/SMP feels sluggish ...

I have a machine running Dual-PIII 450s that feels dog-slow and I can't
seem to find anything wrong ...

The machine is reasonably current:

%uname -a
FreeBSD pgsql.tht.net 4.0-STABLE FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE #0: Mon Jun 19
23:38:56 EDT 2000     root@pgsql.tht.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/pgsql  i386

Loadavg is less them 1, but its not unusual to have to wait after hitting
just the return key for it to come back with something ...

Is this SMP related?  I saw the recent MFC that broke ppls SMP boxes with
4.0-STABLE ... something related to this that I should upgrade
to?  Something I should look at/test to see where the problem might be?

Thanks ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org