Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 01:52:23 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Andrey Zakhvatov <andy@cgu.chel.su>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: doc/ tree tagging

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 11:06:18PM +0500, Andrey Zakhvatov wrote:
> What about:
>   1) Create subtree exclusively for man pages (partially already
>      there - share/man), a-la doc/ tree (i.e. with different languages
>      in mind).
>
>   2) Move all man pages from utilities sources to this directory and
>      track them here.
>
> I think it can help to simplify tracking man pages for translation teams.

Just to be sure I understand this correctly. . .

Do you mean moving things like src/bin/cat.1 to src/share/man/man1/cat.1,
or, more likely, src/share/en_US.ISO_8859-1/man/man1/cat.1 ?

Or are you just talking about creating new directories under doc/<lang> ?

If it's the former, I very strongly doubt you'll get a change of that
magnitude past everyone else.  I can see the benefits from a translators
point of view, but I don't think everyone else will think it is worth the
upheavel.  I could be wrong.

If you mean the latter, we already do something like that with the Japanese
manual pages.