Date:      Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:57:07 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Zahemszky Gabor <gabor@zahemszky.hu>, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux nero does not work

Quoting Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org> (Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:21:29 +0200=
):

> Zahemszky Gabor escribi=C3=B3:
> > Hi!
> > I tried the new Linux-Nero-3.0 port on 3 different machines (2 of them=
=20
> > is RELENG_6_2, the third is STABLE), but Nero doesn't work. I tried it=
=20
> > as myself, I tried it as root; tried it with my default language=20
> > (Hungarian - Nero switched to Hungarian), and tried it with LANG=3DC=20
> > LC_ALL=3DC - it doesn't matter:
> > Nero started, asked me to accept licence, and on the next window, I=20
> > have to type my name, company and the licence number. The licence=20
> > field is pre-filled with - I think - a demo-key. But neither that=20
> > licence key, nor anything alse make the OK button clickable. I can=20
> > only click on Cancel.
> > Are there anybody running linux-nero on FreeBSD? How did he/she make=20
> > it work? Are there any tricks?
> >
> Hello,
>=20
> I'm not sure it will work on -CURRENT, but there are a lot of=20

It starts on current. Maybe it is a missing time related syscalls which
is missing on stable. I have some patches for stable which only MFC
non-2.6 related stuff, but they are not finished (I need to do some
compile testing and patch syscalls.master) and not even run-tested. I
don't know when I have time to finish them.

> Linuxulator improvements and updates in -CURRENT, which aren't going to=20
> be merged to the stable branch, thus it would make sense to give it a=20

I don't think it is about the stuff which will not be merged. I made a
ktrace of nero, but hadn't time to have a look at it yet. When nero is
started I wasn't able to see my (firewire based) dvd writter. I want to
have a look at this too. I don't know about ata attached devices, I
didn't had time to test it.

> try. E.g. the newest Gentoo distribution does not work on -STABLE, but=20
> reported to run on -CURRENT.

While you talk about gento-dist... I had trouble installing the port on
-current a while ago. Can you have a look at it / test it on current?

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
I don't know WHY I said that ... I think it came from the FILLINGS in
my read molars ...
http://www.Leidinger.net  Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org     netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137