Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 22:10:37 -0400
From:      Sean Santry <santry@bc.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Soundblaster PCI128 & WinTV

Everyone -

I have a Soundblaster PCI128 soundcard installed and (mostly) working
under FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE.  I can play audio CDs and `cat blah.au >
/dev/audio` just fine.  The mixer seems to be working fine as well.

I also have a Hauppauge WinTV model 400 which is working fine for
video.  I can see all the channels and everything is great.  However, I
can't get any sound.  This model doesn't have an internal cable that
goes to the sound card, so you have to connect the audio output of the
WinTV board to the line-in of the soundcard.  This works fine under
Windows but I can't get it to work under FreeBSD.

I have tried setting all the volumes in mixer to the max levels and if I
turn the volume on my speakers ALL the way up, I can faintly hear the
sound from the current TV channel, but it certainly isn't working
properly.

Any ideas?

- Sean