Date:      Thu, 5 Jun 2014 21:56:31 -0400
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Thomas Mueller <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Change for the worse in rsu wireless driver

hi,

please bug freebsd-usb@ about flakey usb devices.

I have a couple that i need to chase up hans about. they used to be less fl=
akey.

-a

On 5 June 2014 01:46, Thomas Mueller <mueller6724@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> from Idwer Vollering <vidwer@gmail.com>:
>
>> I'm on 10-STABLE r267049, with a local change to
>> sys/dev/usb/wlan/if_rsu.c that reverts EW7622UMN back to RTL8192SU_3.
>
>> > At least my adapter is working a bit more stable now :-)
>
>> Mine seems to get stuck in "rsu_calib_task: running calibration task" of=
ten.

>> HTH,
>
>> Idwer
>
> I browsed svnweb.freebsd.org for rsu and re in stable/10 and head, also f=
or cups in ports.

> I found an update, 4 hours old, for rsu in head, so that pushed me to upd=
ate the head src tree.

> That was after a time when the wireless adapter didn't connect at all, di=
dn't see the network.

> FreeBSD is flaky at times with USB, not recognizing a good USB stick in a=
 good USB port.

> After some time web-browsing with Midori 0.5.5 on System Rescue CD, which=
 itself is fickle and flaky, not as good as Midori 0.5.8 from FreeBSD ports=
, Hiro H50191 USB wireless adapter came back and is still working, though I=
 still intend to do the system build/update for 11-head, both amd64 and i38=
6.