Date:      Mon, 01 Jul 2002 21:13:50 +0400
From:      "Dmitry S. Rzhavin" <dima@rt.ru>
To:        twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: snort + vlans

twig les wrote:

> That's a switch config problem, and the answer depends
> on your type of switch.

Cisco 2924
All vlans works well. I just wander if snort can
listen ifaceas like vlanXX. Does it?

> --- "Dmitry S. Rzhavin" <dima@rt.ru> wrote:
> > Hello!
> > I have number of vlans on my box, all af them
> > configured on xl0.
> > So, xl0 does not have any ip address, but it is
> > turned up.
> > Now I want to start snort on this box. 'snort -i
> > what' shall I
> > tell to make snort listen and analyze my traffic?
> >
> > And, if I asked about vlans... What about vtp in
> > Free? Does
> > Free knows vtp, how to configure it, and what vtp
> > mode does
> > FreeBSD operate?
> >
> > Thank you.

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of
> > the message
>
> =====
> http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to
this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited
and may be unlawful.