Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 11:01:37 -0700
From:      Rudy Gireyev <RGireyev@bellind.com>
To:        "'Blaz Zupan'" <blaz.zupan@medinet.si>
Cc:        "'freebsd-isp@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Mail distribution

>> > POP3 on this new machine? I simply can't believe that
>> > all providers have only one POP3 server.
>> Why cant you?
>
>How about "single point of failure"? Do you really want me to
>believe that f.e. AOL has one single POP3 server for all their
>thousands (millions?) of mailboxes?

Hmmm, you must not have heard the news last week.
Microsoft network users could not get their mail
ALL DAY LONG. Because Microsoft was upgrading
one of their boxes with Windows NT. The upgrade
took just over an hour but when they ran FDISK
it took over 20 hours to finish (Duhhh).
IBM network users also could not retreive their
mail for half a day. I wonder why? :-)