Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:56:20 -0400
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <bmcgover@bmcgover-pc.cisco.com>
To:        "Al. Andreou" <ee4299@ee.teiath.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG, bmcgover@bmcgover-pc.cisco.com
Subject:   Re: Berkeley DB 4.1.24 config error

Typically, this is because the configure script can't figure out how to
properly run the C compiler. On Solaris for instance, the native cc
compiler is junk, so you typically have to set CC=gcc before
running configure, or with some configure options.

Your best bet is to see if you can figure out what its trying to run
to determine this step, determine why it doesn't work (your path, what
compiler it found and is trying to use, invalid parameters, etc.), and
then either ask it nicely to use a better choice, or hack the script to use
a better choice.
	-B