Date:      Sun, 03 Jan 1999 14:56:31 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Clark Gaylord <gaylord@gaylord.async.vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: aha fix-thank you!

In message <199901012025.PAA00554@gaylord.async.vt.edu> Clark Gaylord writes:
: BTW, I have a 1542B, unknown firmware ... is there a FreeBSD util
: for reading/loading firmware on these puppies?  I recall there
: being a DOS util, but I can't find that (though I suppose I can
: probably get it from Adaptec's web site).  Right now my drives are
: <=1GB, but I will probably buy a 4GB soon and I'm not sure I have
: the right firmware.

I don't think so.  Looking at the chips on my AHA-1542B leads me to
believe that they are EPROMS that need UV light to erase and then a
EPROM burner to reprogram.

I think the <= 1G is only for booting and DOS.  The driver uses low
level scsi commands and thus is immune from the 1G limit.

Warner