Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 13:00:49 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Damien Champagne" <damienchampagne@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: POP email client for darwin

There are a heap of remote mailservers I collect mail from using pine
that
I know definitely don't have IMAP .... the first is the local Apana
Brisbane
mailserver (FreeBSD 4.2) that I'm partly responsible for maintaining,
then
there are a number of permanently connected member gateways, most of
which don't have IMAP & a couple areW2K / MDeamon systems that
don't have IMAP either.  Its necessary to do a wee bit of tweaking to
pinerc to get this to work, but I think thats explained in a HOWTO at
the pine homepage ...... its certainly not something I'd have figured
out :)