Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:46:19 -0400
From:      stan <stanb@awod.com>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sendmail configuration question

I've got a 4.6 STABLE machine (last cvsup'd about a month or so ago), that
I use for my workstation within a medium size company. We are in the throes
of a "merger", and the corporate people are using this as a n excuse to redo
(read break) many things.

I find myself in a position where I need to set up sendmail in the following
fashion. I need it to deliver all (except machine local email) to a
smarthost. Now this _should_ be straightforward, except that at the moment I
can only access the machine by IP address, since the DNS server for our
part of the merged company still does not have entries for the merged
domain name.

Can some kind soul point me in a direction on this?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin