Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:04:51 -0500
From:      Troy <troy@twisted.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Syslog.pm Cannot get host name of local machine

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 11:52:54AM +0100, Simon Dick wrote:
> [...]
Sys/Syslog.pm line 248
> > >=20
> > > I got that too, I still can't see a reason why it's not working :(
> >=20
> > I suspect you've found a bug in Sys::Hostname which I reported
> > nearly three years (and several email addresses) ago, and which
> > never got fixed.
> >=20
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dmisc/15662 contains the
> > PR and a patch which might fix your problem. Another workaround
> > (which really only works by accident) might be simply to set
> > $ENV{'PATH'} explicitly in spamd.
>=20
> That's actually the patch I ended up using, even though I have no idea
> at all why it fixes it (I just used trial and error)

Glad to see this fix was posted. This was affecting me as well. I was
able to start spamd with the -D option and it would stay running, but
really didn't like all the debug messages.  I wrote to the port
maintainer as well. Never received a reply. Maybe we can get this fix in
permanently. I would hate to portupgrade a few months down the road just
to realize this fix was reversed.

-Troy

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg--