Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 15:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: conf/1608: FreeBSD's bug tracking system does not respect  confidential

The following reply was made to PR conf/1608; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
To: pst@freefall.freebsd.org
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Re: conf/1608: FreeBSD's bug tracking system does not respect
 confidential
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 06:09:52 +0800

 Paul Traina wrote:

 > gnu/1604 and gnu/1605 were sent in with the confidential flag set, yet
 > they still appeared in the freebsd-bugs mailing list.  This is a MAJOR
 > mistake.

 Well, since the summaries of outstanding PR's are also sent to the list,
 we don't have much use for the 'confidential' header.  What are we
 supposed to do? Look at the PR numbers when they arrive from the mailing
 list and notice that one of them was skipped, and go and see what happened
 to it?

 IMHO, unless we find somebody to filter them by hand, we should delete the
 confidential: header from the skeleton entirely and make the incoming
 filter refuse them, giving instructions on the correct place to send
 security problems and contact addresses for keepers of major parts of the
 system if it's really essential that it not go out on the mailing lists.
 Remember, the gnats database is also going out via ctm to the public.

 Cheers,
 -Peter