Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 08:41:49 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD bugs list)
Subject:   Re: Changed information for PR kern/179

As Bruce Evans wrote:

> >(sorry for typs, with 40 % packet loss, i have to type blindly)
>
> I'd like a mail interface to edit-pr (e.g., by sending a reply to the
> initial bug report).  It's too hard for me to log in to freefall and
> edit things with a round trip time of 2-30 seconds.

Same for me.  Even if the rtt's are below 2 seconds, the line from the
german educational network to US is heavily overloaded during the
week, so up to 50 % of the packets get lost, resulting in effective
echo times of up to a minute.

> Many bug reports give only a special case of the bug.  They should
> be edited by someone who understands all the details if the someone
> doesn't have time to fix all the details.

I've also got the idea to mirror the whole gnats database.  Since
listeners of -bugs do already get all the necessary information, it
should be possible to track all the gnats reports and state changes
and finally make a local mirror.  Together with a mail interface, this
would make the usage more efficient.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/