Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 19:11:15 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        "Dirk-Willem van Gulik (vaio)" <dirkx@webweaving.org>
Cc:        Jimbo <jcjoseph@wt.net>, Ollivier Robert <roberto@eurocontrol.fr>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VAIO 505F vs Toshiba 3015CT

"Dirk-Willem van Gulik (vaio)" wrote:

> > > - does the hibernation feature work (saving mem on disk) ?
> > I haven't tried that.
>
> With PAO it does (zzz).

Real hibernation instead of just stand-by mode? How does one
allocates the space it will be using in disk? (DOS required, right?)

> 3cXXX card, Flash cards, SlimSCSI, etc, the whole range works for me,
> identical to my old thinkpad.

SlimSCSI... I need a PCMCIA SCSI card for my notebook (meaning I
need *another* PCMCIA SCSI card, since the one I'm using is not
supported by FreeBSD; I think...). I saw three SCSI cards in
pccard.conf, though one was commented out. But this is a little bit
in contradiction with CAM's, since it would seem the Adaptec chipset
used is not supported by CAM...

So... To the point: is SlimSCSI supported on a bare-bones -current?
Is there any problems with it (too slow, whatever)? Are there
alternatives? Who makes SlimSCSI? (it might be a little bit
difficult for me to find it around here...)

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	If you sell your soul to the Devil and all you get is an MCSE from
it, you haven't gotten market rate.