Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 16:32:58 -0700
From:      "DrTebi" <drtebi@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   using serial port

Hi,
I have a very basic setup:
Asus P2BD motherboard
generic CD-ROM
generic Floppy Drive
8GB Maxtor HD
ATI Rage Pro

What I am trying to do is using the serial port connection (correct me if
I'm wrong, the connector next to the printer's parrallel port connector,
there's two) to connect to the serial port, or also called console port, on
a Cisco 1720 router.

I am pretty lost, since I don't even know what program I would need to make
this connection. On Windoze systems there is a program called "Hyper
Terminal", which worked fine - but I want to use FreeBSD.
I figured the "minicom" application would be the one to use, and installed
it.

Now, which device IS the serial port? /dev/sdi0? /dev/ttyd0? How do I
configure it through minicom?

What do I have to do?
Please help!

DrTebi