Date:      Thu, 07 Aug 2014 23:34:15 +0300
From:      "Sulev-Madis Silber (ketas)" <madis555@hot.ee>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>, freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>,  John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
Subject:   Re: What platform do you use?

On 2014-08-05 21:24, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> I also have a BBW that I occasionally test w/ but since I haven't got
> it netbooting, the cost of building an entire image and writing it to
> SLOW microsd prevents me from testing as much...

I wonder why people like to update their embedded systems by taking card
out, completely overwriting it with new data and putting card back in.
No wonder that it's slow, complex & heedlessly wears out your flash.

If I do this in my BBB I would get myself pissed very soon because of
the effort required. I never bothered to netboot too, because I wanted
to test it in insecure network conditions.
I mean, I don't remember a case where I needed to take HDD to another
machine for upgrade. The issue where it's not practical to compile
something locally is completely unrelated with this, too.