Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2006 09:08:52 +0200
From:      "Guillaume Ballet" <gballet@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        Agus Antonio <agus.sbr@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: please help!

Hello

I was expecting this, I have the same on my Toshiba PX/410DL :(

You have two options :

1) Recompile your kernel after removing the firewire support and make a boot
image with it. You can then install the CD. The problem is that the
installed kernel still has firewire support builtin. So when you boot for
the first time, you have to tell the loader that the kernel has to be loaded
from the CD.

unload
load kernel_cd

Note that you might have to specify that the root is actually the CD. Once
your PC has booted, just replace the kernel on the disk with the kernel from
the CD. Of course, firewire support is disabled.

2) I have worked a fix but didn't have time to test it yet. If you give me a
week, I will test it, send-pr my modifications and then make a small
bootable CD image. Firewire should be fully supported.

Regards,
Guillaume