Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 1997 08:26:41 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Argh

Mike Smith writes:
 > > Sure you do.  Call 3Com, cry in their lap, and they'll send you a new
 > > dongle.
 >
 > No such luck.  "Replacement parts can be ordered from your local
 > retailer".  Fooey.  I'll see about a price first. 8)

Get a better ethernet manufacturer.  Dayna would send you one.  ;^)

 > > If you can point me to a list of supported PCMCIA ethernet cards, I'll
 > > see if any of the Dayna cards use the supported chipsets.
 >
 > Well, the list of supported cards refers to manufacturers, wheras the
 > list of supported chipsets is basically the same as for "normal" ISA
 > cards.  If you have a list of what the Dayna cards use, I can tell you
 > whether they'll work. 8)

Will do.

 > > BTW, I don't know if anyone here noticed, but yesterday Dayna and Intel
 > > announced their agreement for Intel to acquire Dayna.  I'm being
 > > assimilated.
 >
 > Aigh!  Intel are eating everything in sight!  It wasn't long ago that
 > they inhaled C&T...

Yep.  What's next?  "This morning Intel Corp. and FreeBSD Inc. announced
their intentions to merge.  Jordan K. Hubbard, President and CEO of
FreeBSD, said ``This is a good deal for Intel, it brings them software
engineering expertise they've never had before.  The best part is now
I've got a couple million in my pocket, though.''  Andy Grove, President
of Intel, commented ``Don't bother me, I'm busy writing a FreeBSD device
driver for my Intel videoconferencing equipment.  I've installed FreeBSD
on my computer and don't want to boot Virus95 in order to call in my
lunch order.''"  Yeah, right.  ;^)