Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 17:08:50 +0200
From:      Enriko Groen <enriko.groen@netivity.nl>
To:        "'freebsd-isp@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Routing over two 'channels'

Hi,

I'm trying to find a solution. My company is a small hosting provider and
I'm introducing some FreeBSD boxes. However I ran into a problem. We have
several internet connections:
fiber, ADSL and cable. I currently have one firewall which I would like to
route traffic to/from our servers to the different connections. The firewall
is a FreeBSD 4.2 box.

Is there a way to do some intelligent routing? I would like the firewall to
talk back through the channel it was connected through. So if a client
connects through the ip attached to the ADSL modem, it talks back through
the same channel as the request came through.

Can this be done by some routing program, or maybe NAT. Or should I look
into a standalone prefab router? Any suggestion are welcome.

--
Enriko Groen, Hosting manager