Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 20:22:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Faisal M Chaudhry <faisalc@cs.tamu.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        faisalc@cs.tamu.edu (Faisal M Chaudhry)
Subject:   How to invoke "rtpdump"?

Hi,

I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE  on two PC's and have a hauppage
Wincast/TV card installed on one of them.  Both PC's have a waveLAN
interface and I transmit video images from one PC to the other over the
wireless interface.  I'm using vic v2.8 to transmit the video from a
camera source.  Here is my problem, which I hope I can get some
advice on:

I need to use rtpdump to see the rtcp packets coming in on the receiving
end.  I have not been able to do this yet and am wondering if I am using
rtpdump correctly.  Here is what I do...

  1) start vic on machine A:  vic IPaddr-of-B/23886
  2) start vic on machine B:  vic IPaddr-of-A/23886
  3) start rtpdump on B:  rtpdump -F rtcp -t 1 IPaddr-of-A/23886 >
dump.txt

"23886" is the port I'm using on both machines.  The video transmission
is one-way (from A to B) and I can successfully see the video on B's
screen. However, the file "dump.txt" is always found empty when rtpdump
finishes after 1 minute.

Has anyone out there used rtpdump successfully?

Faisal

faisal@tamu.edu