Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 09:53:32 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any reason we can't enable the bus mouse by default?

On Tue, 15 Aug 1995, Steve Passe wrote:

> I have been kicking around ideas for use of the dotfile program i
> mentioned earlier and came up with the idea of a backend for
> generating a kernel config file.  It would guide a user thru the
> process of describing their machine and create an appropriate config
> file.  Assuming the user knew what was inside their box, they would
> end up with a conflict free kernel!

    We talked about doing exactly this about a couple months ago on
the list.  The only problem with the Dotfile Generator is that it
depends entirely in Tcl and Tk to sort through dependencies and to
draw its pretty interface.  I was hoping for something a little more
generic, which could be parsed by a Tcl/Tk interface, or a Web/HTTP
interface, or a libdialog interface or whatever.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org