Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:44:32 -0500
From:      Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
To:        Anastasia Leventi-Peetz <leventi@fgan.de>
Cc:        users@ipv6.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftpd-BSD and standalone

Anastasia Leventi-Peetz wrote:

> The right way was:
> (in /etc/inetd.conf)
> ftp stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd ftpd-BSD

Glad I could help. I recommend using the -l option on the Linux
box as well, it is for logging access to the FTP server.
TCP wrappers are fine if things are debugged and working right.

PS: about german parents and grandparents, yes, they were
German and so am I :-) (I live here since 3 years.)

viele Grüße,
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine