Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:42:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Andy <deimos@lowrider.lewman.org>, dg@root.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Onboard Intel NIC

:My "attitude" is irrelevant. I got called "lazy and incompetent" last week
:for simply asking if it had been fixed. The guy who asked the same question
:today didnt get flamed. So its not what is said, its who says it.

    Attitude is significant, since you are dealing with people who are under
    no obligation to respond, and generalizing one bozos response and applying
    it to the entire group isn't going to help.  Frankly speaking, you will
    get the same sort of response from linux-kernel as you got from the this
    one if you were to approach a linux bug in the same way.  I'd tell you
    to go over there and try it but linux-kernel is still recovering from the
    utterly stupid memory overcommit thread and don't deserve a second flame
    war this soon.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>