Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:07:10 -0500
From:      Reid Linnemann <lreid@cs.okstate.edu>
To:        Payne <payne@magidesign.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to update?

Written by Payne on 09/14/07 04:38>>
> Hey,
>
> Maybe this is in the manual, but how can I do an update. On most linux
> system you can do an update, like with yast, yum, and apt-get. How can I
> do that FreeBSD?
>
> Chuck

If you are using a release version of FreeBSD, such as 6.1-RELEASE, you
can use the freebsd-update tool to get binary updates. freebsd-update
has an informative man page that will help you learn to use it.

You also have the option of building and installing a more recent
version of FreeBSD with souce code gotten through cvs or ftp. If htis is
something you wish to do, I'd highly recommend reading the section on
keeping up-to-date in the handbook.