Date:      Wed, 28 May 1997 15:56:55 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Josef Belkovics <belkovic@albert.osu.cz>
To:        Julsar Ngan <nganjs@ibm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem on detecting the Token Ring adapter

> Dear sir(s),
> Currently I bought a FreeBSD CDROM. During the installation, the kernel
> cannot detect the network adapter. It is a IBM Auto 4/16 ISA Token Ring
> adapter. I think form the 2-CDROM set should contain the drivers for it.
> But I don't know where it can be found and how to make the kernel to
> detect it. Basically, my PC is located in IBM that is in Hong Kong.
> Could you please give me some hints or instruction on how to make it
> works? Your help and attention are certainly appreciation. Thanks very
> much.

There are 5 (?) important files for beginners - README.TXT, HARDWARE.TXT,
INSTALL.TXT etc. Files are probably on your cdrom or are certainly on
ftp.freebsd.com etc. FreeBSD comes with kernel generic. Content of
generic is described, i think, in HARDWARE.TXT. But look for information,
if your token ring adapter is available under FreeBSD. All for you is in
this files!

Josef Belkovics