Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2001 13:21:57 -0500
From:      Scott Corey <Scott@bsdprophet.org>
To:        Nathan Mace <nmace85@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make buildworld with -j4 option

I always use -j4 option when building. I have had no adverse reactions
or bad builds because of the -j option. Give it a try, if is doesn't
work, then just go back to not using it. All it can do is help speed up
the process.

I also never do a "make -j4 world". I use the two step process of
"buildworld" then "installworld".

I would try both ways and see which is faster.

Scott