Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 17:11:14 -0500
From:      Kelly Hendrix <kelly@compuage.com>
To:        Yong Lim <yong@csfi.com>
Cc:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>, "SILVER, MICHAEL A" <MSILVER@scana.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hello from russia!

Greetings

Perhaps the charter could be modified so that newbies could ask
questions about command function and or syntax, i.e. how to mount a msdos
floppy, what's the command to see how much space I have left on my hard
drive, etc.  Anything else could be bounced or referred to questions.
It's truly ironic that the nature of this thread, which questions the
raison d`etre of the newbie charter, is exactly the type of content that
was intended for this mailing list.  That aside, my opinion is that
unless certain basic questions are allowed to be asked there's no point
having this list. Since the floor seems to be open to this discussion,
perhaps others can chime in and give their .02 worth.

My .02 worth

Kelly Hendrix