Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:31:06 -0700 (MST)
From:      Rudolfo Munguia <rudog@primenet.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.4 pccard insanity

Hello,

Just to blatantly display my ignorance, and hopefully in the process reach
some level of enlightenment; I present the following observations:

A) In looking through /etc/ I happened upon rc.pccard, upon inspecting
this it appears that pccardc is used to set mem/beep/conf before pccardd
is called.

B) I find on many posts to the group that pccardc is unable to operate
unless pccardd is started first.

Which is the proper case?

If A then pccardc should be able to pull a dumpcis regardless of the
pccardd state. (not the observed behavior)

If B then could rc.pccard be the point of failure?

rudog@primenet.com
'If you're not living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space'