Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:20:21 +0000
From:      Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        obrien@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LAM on linux emulator

LAM itself is almost written in C.  It is one thing to compile
it with compaq-cc.  The main part of LAM consists of drivers,
such as mpif77, mpicc, hf77, etc.  In these drivers the location
or file paths of Compaq's ccc/cxx/fort are hardcoded.

recon/lamboot are just not-main commands, and I may not compile
them with ccc, but building LAM package in one pass is simpler.

When cxx and fort start speaking native FreeBSD, we do not need
to worry much, though.

Yoriaki Fujimori