Date:      06 Sep 1999 02:03:42 +0200
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@titine.fr.eu.org>
To:        FreeBSD-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Configuring PCMCIA NIC after it's loaded

"Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org> writes:

> > With your solution, it seems that, when setmac is called, ep0 is not
> > yet configured (/var/log/messages says 'ep0: no such device').
> >

> can you add an insert line or two at the beginning to bring the card up
> and down before you call setmac?

Forget it ;-)

It's time for me to go to bed (2 am, here...) : i've forgotten to rm
the /etc/start_if.ep0 i've created with the setmac lines...

Without your trick, it does nothing useful, but with it, it makes a
_big_ conflict with setmac !

I've removed it and, now, all is ok just as you said...

Thanks again, sorry for this mistake.