Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 2015 11:32:41 -0600
From:      Bigby James <bigby.james@dimthoughts.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org" <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Lenovo T520: Present (-STABLE) vs. Future (-CURRENT) ACPI Support

On 01/18, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> I will also mention that I did update my system today and the kernel build
> failed if I did a parallel build (-jN). The failure was in the "depend"
> stage, so it failed rather quickly. I did two builds with -j6 and two
> without. Both builds with -j6 failed and both without it succeeded. So
> something is not quite right and, since I have seen no other reports and it
> fails while in drm2/i915, it seems very likely it is related to the patch.
> Of course, it is possible that I messed up the merge, but it seems unlikely
> that a bad merge would cause this failure. This would indicate a race,
> possibly triggered by the changes. It could also be hardware dependent.
> Races can be a real challenge to track down.

Huh. I just built both my custom kernel and the GENERIC configuration, using
both '-j8' (my usual setting) and '-j6.' Both completed successfully. You and I
were likely building from the same commit as well (I wrote my message to the list
immediately after updating), so that's odd.

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams