Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 1996 18:51:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jack <jack@xtalwind.net>
To:        Benoit Rossier <Benoit.Rossier@mcnet.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: virtual ftp server

On Thu, 29 Aug 1996, Benoit Rossier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed wu-ftpd 2.4 on a FreeBSD 2.1.0 box. It works well.
> I applied a patch to make it a virtual server from Brian Kramer.
>
> With anonymous or real user, I can see the right banner and it goes into the
> right directory. But I can't see any files in the directories. I can put
> files, create directory, all things but I can't see anything (ls is executed
> but the server return 0 byte)!
>
> Has anyone solved this problem or is there a little bug in my patch (date:
> 26 may 95)?
> Is there an other patch?

I solved it with a statically linked version of ls in a bin directory
under the directory wu-ftpd chroots the user to.  We limit our users to
their own home directories so each has a bin dir with a hard link to a
copy of '-static' ls.

Jack O'Neill                    Finger jacko@onyx.xtalwind.net or
jack@xtalwind.net               http://www.xtalwind.net/~jacko/pubpgp.html
#include <std_disclaimers.h>    for my PGP key.
 PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD