Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:07:31 +1030
From:      "Greg Work" <Greg@FatCanary.com.au>
To:        "Ernst de Haan" <ernst@jollem.com>, "Sameh Ghane" <sameh@fr.clara.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: no modules loaded for 'xserver' service?

Hey ya - thought this may help - i had the same problem with Xfree 3.3.5

When you started the build in the ports, it asks you
COMPILE PAM SUPPORT [YES]
(or something like that  - i can't remember exactly as it was a few weeks
ago ) as one of the compilation options - this was at the same time as
selecting what servers, etc. to compile

This you can say 'NO' to with no ill effects - mine seems to crank over ok
now

Feel free to flame me if this is no good :)

G.

Greg Work
Email : Greg@FatCanary.com.au