Date:      Fri, 4 Sep 1998 10:07:46 +0100
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Nicholas Charles Brawn <ncb05@uow.edu.au>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG

On Fri, Sep 04, 1998 at 03:16:09PM +1000, Nicholas Charles Brawn wrote:
> While we're on the subject, would it be possible to make the subject's
> of posts to various freebsd-* lists be something like:
>
> Several mailing lists I am on do this currently and it makes reading
> mail that little bit easier.

Ye gods no.

What works for me is to use Procmail to filter messages from each list
into a list specific mailbox (one for hackers, one for chat, one for
questions, and so on).

Then run xbuffy, telling it to watch all these mailboxes. You then get
an alert when new mail arrives, and an indication of which mailbox it
has arrived in.

Then it's just a simple case of middle-clicking the mailbox name to
fire up an xterm running Mutt on the correct list. Alternatively, I could
configure Mutt to know about the different lists, and work through them
within one instance of the program, but I prefer the multiple window
approach.

--+==[ Nik Clayton becomes Just Another Perl Contractor in 8 days. ]==+--
                      She's still dead. Deal with it.