Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:51:41 -0500
From:      "Henry F. Marquardt" <hmarq@interaccess.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PAO/4.0/Dell 3200

I've a Dell 3200 that I'd like to install 4.0-stable on.  I have a 3CXEM556
3com/megahertz 10MBLan/56K modem combo card on hand, but I'm willing to pick
up a 'plain old' 10MB card that is supported.

I saw on some other post that PAO is being merged into FBSD and there isn't
a PAO 4.0 ... so I've got a chicken and egg thing here ... I've a 4.0
release CD set, but I don't know what net cards it will nataively support
and I can't update to the new 'merged' version without a net card.

What's the status of the merge?

What card should I buy (if I need to buy one)?

This is my first laptop install, so if I'm being a ninny, I appologize in
advance - I just don't want to spend all day spinning my wheels if I've got
the wrong hardware/version combo.

TIA

Hank