Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:23:10 -0500
From:      "Kutulu" <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        "Gernot A. Weber" <gernot@quantumnet.de>, <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: no single user mode in installworld

From: "Gernot A. Weber" <gernot@quantumnet.de>
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2002 3:58 PM

> Hi,
>
> I forgot to drop into single user mode before doing make installworld. The
> process finished without any obvious errors.

I do this all the time when upgrading remotely.  The primary issue with
rebooting single-user is to prevent old versions of the userland binaries
from trying to run against a new kernel.  (Especially eg. ipfw, which
changes all the time).  But if you managed to get the installworld to run to
completion and rebooted, you're probably fine.

I'd read UPDATING to make sure there are no specific issues you might have
to check on, and check to make sure all your normal daemons are active and
nothing odd's showing in your logs.

--K