Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 22:51:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Bruce M. Walter" <walter@fortean.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN

> > Generally Siemens `dumb' chipsets.  They were very common in Germany
> > already, but it seems the Ascend Netwarp also uses them (plus the chip
> > for the NT, it seems -- not common here in Europe, since the NTs here
> > are provided by the Telcos).  Currently, only the protocols 1TR6 (old
> > German national) and E-DSS1 (European standard) are supported, work
> > for support of US protocols is underways as i understand it.

Yes, and yes...  The Ascend NetWarp is based on the Siemens chipset.  It
also comes in a non-NT1 version (the NetWarp 128 U/T) for Europe.  I am
currently working to add support for US D-Channel protocols to both BISDN
and the upcoming isdn4bsd packages.  Things are proceeding, albeit slowly.

I'm currently waiting for proper docs to arrive for the DMS-100 specs.  If
anyone has access to either the AT&T 5ESS specs or the Bellcore National
ISDN-1(2,3) specs, it would be greatly helpful.

- Bruce

|| Bruce M. Walter                    || 107 Timber Hollow Court #335 ||
|| Senior Network Consultant          || Chapel Hill, NC  27514       ||
|| Fortean Technologies, Inc.         || Tel: 919-967-4766            ||
|| Information Technology Consultants || Fax: 919-967-4395            ||
||       BSD Unix -- It's not just a job, it's a way of life!         ||