Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2018 12:57:33 +0100
From:      Franco Fichtner <franco@lastsummer.de>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
Subject:   Re: ssl=base

> On 25. Nov 2018, at 12:51 PM, Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net> =
wrote:
>=20
> Why can't you use LibreSSL port for some ports and base libssl for =
other ports?
> That is, net/mpd5 links with base system libfetch that depends on base =
libssl,
> so it is example of port that cannot be built with LibreSSL.

FWIW, since 2015 we've had no build or operational issue with mpd5 for =
LibreSSL
from ports.

If the issue is mixed linkling between base and ports, it's not that =
LibreSSL
fails but rather any combination of base and ports, on FreeBSD 12 even =
between
1.1.1 and 1.0.2.  On 11 that wasn't really an issue because base OpenSSL =
and
ports OpenSSL were the same so I can understand where the the idea of =
"breakage"
for LibreSSL specifically comes from.

Cheers,
Franco