Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 1998 11:27:21 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        tom@tomqnx.com (Tom Torrance at home)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: PSM Problems

>I updated yesterday from RELENG_2_2 and did the makeworld thing.
>I generated a new version of the kernel.
>Today, I cannot start X as I get a constant stream of messages as follows:
>
>psmintr: out of sync (xxxx != 0008)
>		where xxxx is 0000 or 00c8.
>
>The mouse pointer sticks in the upper right corner of the screen and
>cannot be moved.
>
>Can anyone advise me where I screwed up? Everything worked fine prior to the
>recompiles.
>
>Regards,
>Tom

Which brand of PS/2 mice are you using?

Would you first try to boot the system with the -v option at the
"boot:" prompt and send me the boot messages (dmesg output)?

To clear the problem, enter UserConfig when you boot the system and
set the flags for the psm driver to 0x100. And the problem should go
away. (See the man pages for psm(4))

Kazu